If any past/present/future employers are reading this, please know that I am very dependable and dedicated, and this post is most definitely not about me. However, for some people who are surely not me, certain times of year require the skipping of work in exchange for the seeking out of fresh fruits.
If you're finding yourself in that seasonal position, and if peaches and blackberries are the objects of your sweet desires, here are some do's and don'ts to guide your quest:
- Do carry out your search in Fredericksburg.
- Do check the pick-your-own calendars before you go.
- Don't stop at the jam/salsa stores along the way or you might take pity on lonely little old ladies with lots of free samples and end up buying more jam/salsa than you had originally planned.
- Do stop in Dripping Springs for the very best pizza or pastries.
- Don't run out of time for sunning and swimming on your way.
Pick wisely and enjoy!